Group Yoga Classes - Austria
It brings me so much joy and inspiration to teach. I exist only because of your ongoing support and participation. Offering donation-based yoga classes allows yoga to be accessible to everyone, regardless of financial restraints. Come to any scheduled yoga class and pay what you can afford. It’s as simple as that. I so appreciate you!
Donate via PayPal here:
Whatever level you are, my classes have something for everyone. Move in a way that feels good for you or challenge yourself to go that little bit further. All classes work with the breath and end with a deep relaxation.
- What to expect: A continuous flow of poses.
- For those who: Want something more dynamic and energising.
- Benefits: Tones the body and burns off excess energy.
The Science of Stretching™
- What to expect: This is target flexibility training, focusing on hips, lower back and hamstrings. Practiced completely relaxed, passively, so gravity does most of the work.
- For those who: Are super stiff, recovering from surgery and injuries.
- Benefits: Improves posture, increases range of motion, reduces imbalances, deepens the mind-body connection.
Radiant Body Yoga
- What to expect: A combination of energetic physical postures, breathwork, Kriyas, meditation and mantra work.
- For those who: Want to increase strength, build vitality and create mental clarity.
- Benefits: Increases awareness, improves relationship with self, develops personal growth and reconnects the heart and mind.
Frequently asked questions
The world Yoga means ‘union’ in Sanskrit, the language of ancient India where yoga originated. It is the union of the body, mind and soul. It is a self-care practice for transformation. It’s not necessarily about the postures but more about bringing the attention to your breath, which in turn helps us to go inward, to calm and still the busy mind and create awareness in the present moment.
There is no need to book in advance. Just arrive 10-minutes before the class starts to introduce yourself and let us know you are new to the class.
It’s advisable to not eat 2-3 hours before class. This is because we will be moving the body in all sorts of ways. Twisting side to side, bending forwards and backwards, evening turning upside down. If you have a fully stomach, this could prove to be uncomfortable. Alternatively, if you feel you need to eat – keep it light with a small smoothie perhaps, some nuts or a granola bar.
Wear light, loose comfortable clothing that lets your body breathe and move freely. Yoga is practised in bare feet. We provide yoga mats, bolsters, straps and blocks. You are of course, welcome to bring your own if you prefer. We do have a changing room but no shower.
Yes! There is a beginners’ class on Wednesday mornings. You are also welcome, to attend other classes if you have a curiosity to know more. Either way please let us know at the beginning of the class if you feel you are a beginner or newbie so that we can look after you.
At the moment, we do not have an introductory offer. However, if you pay for a drop-in class you can put this towards a block booking card immediately after the class.
EVERYONE can do yoga. Men, women and children (even animals!).
Absolutely not! Everybody has a weakness somewhere in their body and mind. Yoga helps to bring awareness to those places where you may be holding onto stress. It helps to strengthen, connect with your body, mind and spirit in such a cool way that its enjoyable, and in turn becomes effortless. It takes courage to make a change and start something new, especially if we have self-limiting beliefs such as I’m not flexible. Well, we are also not always perfect too! Yoga is not a competition. We are all unique therefore cannot be worse or better than anyone else. Just the best version of ourselves. We encourage you to approach it like a child with wonder and excitement and discover/experience what unfolds for you.
As many times as you want! Once, twice or more, you will experience the benefits of yoga. In the beginning, just listen to your body, you know its limits. After time, the more experience you have, the more noticeable the benefits, the more your desire to practice yoga.
Yes! Plenty of free parking just outside the venue at The Walserhaus.
In general our classes are not suitable if you are pregnant. Private classes are available upon request and can be arranged with the teacher at a time and place suitable for you.
You can pay in cash upon arrival to your class. For block bookings there is the option of paying online with credit cards.
Yoga is about exploring! You are more than welcome to try all our classes and discover what feels right for you. Quite often there is a mix of various types of yoga techniques in one class.
Private 1-1 tuition & personalised online yoga sequence
Perfect for those who:
- Can’t make regular classes.
- Prefer to have a yoga class where they can spend more time focusing on what they need.
- Have a specific challenge or physical issue to work on.
- A complimentary Skype or phone consultation.
- A personalised 30-minute yoga video or tuition in person.
- A guided meditation practice that suits you and your lifestyle.
- A distant Reiki energy session.
- Ongoing support.
As with any exercise, please consult your health care professional with any questions or concerns before starting any exercise program. Yoga provides great benefits. When participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. Not all exercise is suitable for everyone. It is essential that you let the teacher know about anything to do with your body that affects how you participate in the yoga practice. This could be for example that you are receiving medical treatment, have a medical condition, injury, have had a recent operation, are pregnant etc… We are not a licensed medical care provider and have no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determing the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.